Welcome to your weekly recap of all the massive Netflix headlines this week. We’ll catch you up with a number of the goings-on at Netflix together with new exhibits, large casting updates, a number of rumors, and different issues try to be taking note of.
In the event you missed any of final week’s information, go back and check that out now.
Monday, March 15th
- The 93rd Oscar nominations befell with Netflix scooping 36 awards (39 if you happen to embody titles Netflix distributed internationally)
- Comic Phil Wang is about to supply a stand-up particular for Netflix with filming happening this June.
Let’s do that once more! I am now filming my Netflix particular on June 12th on the wonderful London Palladium. Precedence Entry for final Might’s ticket holders this Thursday the 18th at 10am. Common sale is from 10am Friday. All at https://t.co/qIjOXAv0xD
Let’s (lastly) do that 🎥👲🏼♥️ pic.twitter.com/03MtRaOh0v
— Phil Wang (@PhilNWang) March 15, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop has wrapped filming on the live-action adaptation. Filming for One Piece remains to be ongoing.
Tuesday, March 16th
- The Grey Man which was initially set to start manufacturing again in January lastly began rolling cameras on Tuesday with a affirmation (and deluge in skinny articles across the internet) through the Russo Brothers Twitter account.
— Russo Brothers (@Russo_Brothers) March 16, 2021
- We obtained phrase that season 2 of Shadow and Bone is now in active development.
- One of many large productions for Netflix in India, Bahubali (which has been dubbed because the Indian Sport of Thrones) has been scrapped however solely to provide it an even bigger finances in line with Bollywood Hungama.
- Vir Das, Rob Delaney, Galen Hopper, Samson Kayo, Guz Khan, Nick Kocher, Ross Lee, Harry Trevaldwyn, and Danielle Vitalis have been added to the Judd Apatow comedy The Bubble.
Wednesday, March 17th
- We obtained phrase that Netflix’s The Lincoln Lawyer is because of begin production in March and wrap up in October which means a 2022 launch date appears extremely doubtless.
- Netflix acquired the worldwide rights to Paramount’s Love and Monsters and will likely be premiering in mid-April 2021.
- Netflix has leased space within the world-renowned Japanese Toho Studios. Netflix additionally acknowledged it plans to launch not less than 25 live-action and anime titles from Japan this yr.
- Miramax’s She’s All That is coming to Netflix globally as an Unique and stars Addison Rae, Tanner Buchanan, Madison Pettis and Peyton Meyer.
Thursday, March 18th
- Dream Residence Maker was renewed for season 3, Get Organized with the Residence Edit was renewed for season 2 and Sparking Pleasure with Marie Kondo was announced for release in summer 2021.
- The BBC and Netflix are teaming up for his or her subsequent co-production within the type of You Don’t Know Me with Bukky Bakray to star.
Odds and Ends
- Roku appears to be moving into the licensing sport in a giant approach including one other competitor for Netflix to compete towards. This week, they picked up This Outdated Home which aired on PBS.
- A Netflix present by the identify of Tamarack is because of get underway filming in April 2021 in line with the administrators guild of Canada. No phrase on what precisely that is.
- Chris Arrington, a producer who has labored on Faculty of Rock and Netflix’s Mr. Iglesias is gearing up for a brand new present on Netflix referred to as Sizzling Dummies that is because of start manufacturing on the finish of March.
- This week, Ted Sarandos featured on KCRW’s The Business hosted by Kim Masters (who’s discovered on The Hollywood Reporter) and mentioned a myriad of points together with film theaters, their Oscar nominations, and the streaming wars at giant. No main headlines to report however attention-grabbing ideas featured.
- Reed Hastings spoke to Brazillian outlet Veja talking about Netflix’s efforts in Brazil. They point out that Globo is among the few opponents in worldwide areas that current a giant menace. On the subject of Disney, Reed stated that Netflix remains to be “nonetheless engaged on reaching a cultural attain like Disney”. In addition they requested about Netflix’s debt load and requested if it was sustainable with Reed saying: “Sure, it’s sustainable as a result of we proceed to develop, and we make investments extra to develop extra. A sequence takes two years to finish, and you need to spend closely earlier than making a revenue. Financing the enlargement…”
Rumors of the Week
Numerous rumors however right here’s two that caught my eye:
- Robert Downey Jr has been tipped for a serious Netflix function in an upcoming film within the type of Right here Comes the Flood which is because of be directed by Jason Bateman. Brie Larson can be tipped. There have lengthy been rumors that RDJ could also be signing an output cope with Netflix too.
- Morbius, the Sony MCU film might be eying a streaming debut with Netflix presumably within the working.
Did we miss any large Netflix information this week? Tell us within the feedback.