With the information Netflix in the US goes to be getting Sony Footage films from 2022 for 5 years, this submit will record all the brand new theatrical content material coming to Netflix from Sony over that interval.
We predict a catalog of Sony Footage titles from the previous to additionally hit Netflix sooner or later. We’ll cowl this in a separate article with many of the Sony films expiring from Starz (the place the Sony library largely was final) over the following few years.
Once more, that is simply the model new theatrical content material we find out about. We’ll additionally develop this record over time to incorporate the direct-to-Netflix titles that will probably be skipping a theatrical launch (extra on that via Variety).
Sony Footage Films Coming to Netflix in 2022
Escape Room 2
Director: Adam Robitel
Solid: Taylor Russell, Logan Miller, Isabelle Fuhrman, Thomas Cocquerel, Holland Roden
Style: Motion, Journey, Horror
Theatrical Launch Date: January seventh, 2022 | Estimated Netflix Launch Date: October 2022
Sony capitalized on the rising reputation of Escape Rooms however added a sinister and lethal twist to the idea. The primary movie revamped $155.7 million worldwide, and solely a shoestring price range of $9 million. It’s a no brainer why Sony continues to put money into the franchise when it’s already proven to make a fast and simple revenue.
Escape Room 2 is the primary of two Sony Footage films to reach on Netflix in October 2022.
After surviving the primary lethal sport, Zoey and Ben will probably be pressured into an excellent deadlier sport by the puzzle grasp, with an excellent decrease likelihood of surviving the horror that waits for them.
Director: Daniel Espinosa
Solid: Jared Leto, Jared Harris, Michael Keaton, Matt Smith, Simon Stroud
Style: Motion, Journey, Drama
Theatrical Launch Date: January 21st, 2022 | Estimated Netflix Launch Date: October 2022
Although Sony and Marvel Studios got here to an settlement with including Spider-Man to the MCU, the studio nonetheless reserves the best to make use of the big library of characters from the web-slinger. That is what result in the creation of the Venom film, and now with Morbius the institution of Sony’s personal cinematic universe throughout the MCU.
Whereas Sony occupying its personal house throughout the realms of the MCU might sound complicated, the gaps between the 2 are beginning to be bridged collectively, and plans for a future Sinister Six movie are trying an increasing number of possible.
It’s been 5 years since Jared Leto’s disastrous look because the Joker within the Suicide Squad, so the academy-award-winning actor will probably be hoping to search out success in a rival superhero franchise as a substitute.
Michael Morbius, an excellent scientist suffering from a uncommon blood illness tries to remedy himself however inadvertently infects himself with Vampirism.
Director: Ruben Fleischer
Solid: Tom Holland, Mark Whalberg, Antonio Banderas, Sophia Ali, Tati Gabrielle
Style: Motion, Journey
Theatrical Launch Date: February 18th, 2022 | Estimated Netflix Launch Date: November 2022
With an unbelievable and in depth library of video video games, Sony has no scarcity of video games prepared and ready to be tailored into full feature-length films. So, 14 years after the debut of the Uncharted franchise on the PlayStation 3, Nathan Drake is lastly coming to life on the massive display screen.
Opting to go along with a youthful Nathan Drake, well-liked Spider-Man actor Tom Holland will tackle the position, with Mark Whalberg portraying the position of Drake’s mentor Sully.
The primary installment of the franchise will happen earlier than the occasions of the video video games, and can inform the story of Nathan Drake in his youth and the way he got here to fulfill and befriend Sully.
Sony Footage Films Coming to Netflix past 2022
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 2
Director: Joaquim Dos Santos
Style: Animation, Motion, Journey
Solid: Shameik Moore
Theatrical Launch Date: October seventh, 2022 | Estimated Netflix Launch Date: July 2023
Definitely, Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is among the best-animated films in historical past and rightfully earned the Oscar for the most effective animated movie on the 91st Academy Awards.
The sky is just restricted by creativeness, and a movie price range for the upcoming animated Spider-Man sequel, and if it’s something like its predecessor then we’re all in for an incredible time.
Little is at the moment recognized in regards to the plot of the Spider-Verse film, however on the very least we’re anticipating to see much more well-known variations of the webbed marvel.
With the movie nonetheless deliberate to premiere in October 2022, subscribers must wait till the Summer time of 2023 earlier than it arrives on the Netflix library.
I Wanna Dance With Anyone
Director: Stella Meghie
Style: Biography, Music
Solid: Naomi Ackie
Theatrical Launch Date: November 2022 | Estimated Netflix Launch Date: August 2023
Sony gained the bidding warfare for the movie’s rights to Whitney Houston’s biopic, which suggests we may see a future Oscar nomination for actress Naomi Ackie, who’s taking up the mammoth lead position.
The screenplay of Whitney Houston’s life is being penned by Anthony McCarten, who was accountable for writing Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
With the biopic not set to hit theatres till late 2022, subscribers are going to be ready till the Summer time of 2023 earlier than it’s obtainable to stream on Netflix.
Director: Mélanie Laurent
Solid: Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning
Theatrical Launch Date: December 23rd, 2022 | Estimated Netflix Launch Date: September 2023
Even though each Fanning sisters have been performing since childhood, surprisingly, the siblings have by no means acted alongside one another on the identical challenge till The Nightengale.
The challenge has been within the making since 2016, however because of a number of components, principal images didn’t start till October 2020. TriStar, the distributor of the film have rescheduled the discharge of the movie twice, suspending a December 2021 launch date to December 2022
The movie relies on a screenplay written by Dana Stevens, who primarily based the story on the novel of the identical title written by Kristin Hannah. The story is centered round two sisters who’re struggling to outlive throughout the German Occupation of France throughout World Battle 2.
Undated Films Coming to Netflix Past 2022
Administrators: Scott Beck, Bryan Woods
Style: Sci-Fi, Thriller
Solid: Adam Driver, Ariana Greenblatt, Chloe Coleman
Theatrical Launch Date: TBA
The writers behind A Quiet Place are within the director’s seat for his or her new sci-fi thriller 65. The movie is being co-produced by Raimi Productions, with Sam Raimi as one of many government producers.
Right now little is understood in regards to the plot, however with Adam Driver on board, we will’t wait to listen to extra about 65.
Director: David Leitch
Style: Motion, Thriller
Solid: Brad Pitt, Joey King, Andrew Koji, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Girl Gaga, Sandra Bullock
Theatrical Launch Date: TBA
Brad Pitt leads an thrilling ensemble forged in David Leitch’s action-thriller. Filming wrapped up on Bullet Train in March 2021 which suggests we’re unlikely to see a theatrical launch till 2022, which suggests we might not see the function on Netflix till 2023.
5 assassins on board a Japanese bullet prepare uncover that their particular person assignments are tied to one another.
Journal for Jordan
Director: Denzel Washington
Solid: Michael B. Jordan, Tamara Tunie, Robert Knowledge, Chanté Adams, Cleveland Berto
Theatrical Launch Date: TBA
For less than the fourth time of his profession, two-time academy-award-winning actor Denzel Washington goes to be within the director’s seat for a feature-length movie. That is additionally the primary time Washington himself gained’t be starring in a lead or supporting position.
Earlier than he’s killed in motion whereas serving within the US Military in Baghdad, 1st Sgt. Charles King authors a journal for his son, hoping his written phrases can educate him to dwell a good life regardless of rising up and not using a father.
Masters of the Universe
Director: Aaron Nee
Style: Motion, Journey, Fantasy
Solid: Noah Centineo
Theatrical Launch Date: TBA
Netflix subscribers will probably be very accustomed to Noah Centino, the teen-drama heartthrob of the To All of the Boys trilogy, The Good Date, and Sierra Burgess Is a Loser. Shifting on from teen-dramas Centineo will star in his greatest position to this point as Prince Adam/He-Man within the long-anticipated live-action remake of Masters of the Universe.
He-Man, probably the most highly effective man within the universe faces off in opposition to his evil nemesis Skeletor, as he fights to guard the planet of Etheria and the secrets and techniques of his house, Fort Greyskull.
Director: Jake Kasden
Style: Motion, Journey, Comedy
Theatrical Launch Date: TBA
The fourth movie of the Jumanji franchise remains to be within the early levels of growth, which suggests filming might not start for a major time period. There’s additionally no affirmation that the forged of the earlier two movies will probably be returning to reprise their roles, however we’d positively anticipate to study extra within the coming months, particularly as soon as filming on Black Adam is over for Dwayne Johnson.
Films in Growth at Sony Footage
- Adulting – Household Comedy from Studio 8
- Unhealthy Boys 4 – The fourth installment of the high-octane and action-packed Unhealthy Boys franchise.
- Lovely – The movie adaptation of the Broadway musical Lovely: The Carole King Musical.
- Bloodshot 2 – Vin Diesel set to reprise his position as Ray Garrison within the second installment of the Valiant comedian e-book story.
- Bubble – Grownup animated comedy from Seth Rogen, and adaption of the 2018 podcast sequence of the identical title.
- Constance – “Magical Household Hybrid Film” with Will Gluck and Keith Bunin.
- CrossFire – Dwell-action adaptation of the video-game Crossfire.
- The Crow Reborn – Reboot of the cult-classic The Crow.
- The Day the Crayons Give up – Animated adaptation of the favored youngsters’s e-book of the identical title.
- Fastened – Grownup-animated comedy directed by Genndy Tartakovsky.
- Harold and the Purple Crayon – Dwell-action movie adaptation of Harold and the Purple Crayon.
- The Hazel Wooden – Dwell-action adaptation of Melissa Albert’s The Hazel Wooden.
- Simply Dance – Adaptation of Ubisoft’s well-liked dancing online game sequence of the identical title.
- Kraven the Hunter – As Sony continues to go down the trail of the Sinister Six, including to Spider-Man’s cinematic rogue’s gallery is Kraven the Hunter, the massive sport hunter who needs to show he’s the most effective by searching Spider-Man.
- Steel Gear Stable – Dwell-action adaptation of Konami’s well-liked online game franchise with Star Wars actor Oscar Isaac taking up the position of the enduring Stable Snake.
- Motherf*&er – Romantic comedy from producer Will Gluck.
- Nothing to See Right here – Adaptation of the comedy novel of the identical title.
- As soon as Upon a One Extra Time – Adaptation of the Broadway-bound musical of the identical title, which options the music of pop star Britney Spears.
- The Pope’s Exorcist – Biopic of the life and profession of Father Gabriele Amorth, the legendary Italian priest who carried out hundreds of exorcisms for the Vatican.
- Sicario: Capos – The third installment of the Sicario franchise.
- Silk – Spider-Man spin-off centered across the character of Silk, a fellow web-slinger who was bitten by the identical radioactive spider as Peter Parker.
- Skandar and the Unicorn Thief – Adaptation of A.F. Steadman’s fantasy novel of the identical title.
- Spider-Lady – Spider-Man spin-off centered round Jessica Drew, a fellow super-powered hero with Spider-like talents.
- Tao – female-driven sci-fi journey story that’s set in China
- Tut – Coming of age animated function centered across the story of the boy-king Tutankhamun.
- City Legend – Reboot of the 90s slasher-thriller.
- Watch Canines – Dwell-action adaptation of Ubisoft’s online game franchise of the identical title.
- We’re Not From Right here – Hybrid adaptation which is able to see a mix of live-action and animation of Geoff Rodkey’s novel of the identical title.
Which Sony film are you excited to look at on Netflix? Tell us within the feedback under!