Wednesday, August 19, 2026
HomeTV ShowsJimmy Kimmel Issues Epic Takedown of Trump in Hilarious New Video

Jimmy Kimmel Issues Epic Takedown of Trump in Hilarious New Video

- Advertisment -

What To Know

  • Jimmy Kimmel promoted his Emmy campaign by releasing a highlight reel featuring President Trump.
  • The montage uses Trump’s constant negative comments and insults as an endorsement.
  • Disney/ABC is suing Trump’s FCC for allegedly violating the station’s First Amendment rights.

Jimmy Kimmel took a break from his summer hiatus on Tuesday (August 18) to share a video highlight reel to promote his late-night show as voting for the Emmy Awards gets underway.

However, rather than using clips from the show itself, the host put together a montage of President Donald Trump complaining about the show and Kimmel. This included the president’s many comments to the press and his unhinged social media rants.

“Jimmy Kimmel, no talent,” Trump says in the first clip of the video. “Jimmy Kimmel is not a talented person,” he continues as the video whips through several of the president’s obsessive complaints. “He had very bad ratings, and they should have fired him a long time ago… His ratings are terrible. He shouldn’t be on television.”

The reel also features many of Trump’s nicknames and insults for the late-night comedian, including “whack job,” “a dope,” “stupid,” and “the ratings challenged Jimmy Kimmel.”

“I can’t believe ABC fake news gave Jimmy Kimmel his job back,” says a news reporter reading from one of Trump’s Truth Social posts. “Let Jimmy Kimmel rot in his bad ratings.”

The montage ends with Trump telling members of the press, “If I can’t beat out Jimmy Kimmel in terms of talent, then I don’t think I should be president.”

Kimmel captioned the post, “Thank you, Mr President, for your consideration #FYC.”

Jimmy Kimmel Live! has been nominated for six Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Variety Series, Outstanding Writing For A Variety Series, and Outstanding Directing For A Variety Series. Kimmel also received a nod for Outstanding Game Show Host for his work on ABC’s Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

The video comes as Disney and ABC are suing Trump’s Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for allegedly violating the station’s First Amendment rights. The suit claims that Trump-appointed FCC Chair Brendan Carr has “waged a retaliatory campaign against ABC” because “it disapproves of what ABC broadcasts.”

Kimmel himself faced the FCC’s wrath last year after backlash followed a joke about the Charlie Kirk assassination. ABC temporarily suspended Kimmel, though he returned a week later to his best ratings in years. Since then, the FCC has ordered Disney’s eight owned-and-operated television stations to file their broadcast license renewals, even though the licenses were not due for renewal for several years.

Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Weeknights, 11:35/10:35c, ABC

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments